- Luxury Experiences
- Beyond India
Duration: 10 Nights / 11 Days
Destination: Delhi – Dehradun – Rishikesh – Dehradun – Delhi – Amritsar – Delhi – Varanasi – Sarnath – Varanasi – Delhi
On arrival in Delhi you will be given greet and meet assistance at airport. Outside airport, you will meet Vilasa representative to transfer you to your hotel in the comfort of well-chosen transport.
Overnight at the Hotel
Day 2: Delhi
After breakfast in this hotel, you will start the day with sightseeing of Old and New Delhi. Highlights of sightseeing would be Jama Masjid – built between 1644 and 1656 is the largest mosque in India , the Red Fort – a fortress palace built by Emperor Shah Jahan is a UNESCO world heritage site, India Gate – War Memorial of 82,000 Indian soldiers who sacrificed their life in First World War, the Parliament – the headquarters of the government apartment, Qutub Minar , the tallest minaret of 73 meters of bricks in the world, the Mausoleum Hamayuna, Gandhi Memorial , erected in memory of father of the nation, Laxminarayan temple (Hindu Temple), and a Bangla Sahib (Sikh Temple). Fort is one of the most important historical monuments of India, embodies the long period of Indian history, a symbol of architectural beauty and power of the ruling dynasties of India. Evening you come back to relax the comfort of your Hotel.
Experience 1: During your visit to Gurudwara Bangla Sahib, you will watch and if willing, join the voluntary group who are cooking the food called “langar” and served free to devotees of all cast and creed.
Experience 2: During your visit to old Delhi, you will enjoy a rickshaw ride around ChandniChowk, oldest shopping street in Delhi.
Experience 3: You can choose to visit Akshardham Temple, the largest Hindu temple complex in the world intricately carved with flora, fauna, dancers, musicians, and deities.
Overnight at hotel
Day 3: Delhi – Dehradun- Rishikesh
After breakfast you will transferred to airport to take flight to Dehradun. On arrival you will meet Vilasa representative to transfer you to Ananda in The Himalayas in the comfort of well-chosen transport covering 57 Kmsin 2hours.
Overnight at resort
Day 4: Ananda in The Himalayas
Enjoy your day and choose from yoga, meditation, spa treatments and nature walks etc.
Day 5: Rishikesh
In morning, you will drive to Rishikesh (22 kms/ 45 mins) to explore the spiritual town and ending it, witnessing the daily evening prayer ceremony on the Ganges River known as Ganga Aarti. This is a devotional ritual that uses fire as an offering to the Goddess Ganga, made in the form of a lit lamp and Aarti is performed to goddess Ganga.
Overnight at hotel
Day 6: Dehradun – Delhi- Amritsar
Afternoon you willdrive in chauffer driven car to Dehradun (42 KM/ 1 Hr) to take flight to Delhi with onwards connection to Amritsar. You will meet Vilasa representative to transfer you to Hotel Hayatt in the comfort of well-chosen transport.
Overnight at hotel.
Day 7: Amritsar
In morning, you will have excursion tour of Amritsar, a city of fascinating, tangibly spiritual and happy go people, covering traditional bazar, Jallianwala Bagh, Maharaja Ranjeet Singh Museum. You can enjoy local cuisine which is famous for its sumptuous taste,
In evening you will visit Golden temple, most spiritual temple of Sikh and Hindu faith. Also known as Sri Harmandir Sahib, Temple of Hari (God) , was established in the year 1604 in the city of Amritsar by 5th Sikh Guru, Guru Arjan Dev Ji. Harmandir is built in a Sarovar (Holy Lake) that is fed by water from river Ravi and is at lower level than the surrounding land with 4 entrances signifying openness, egalitarianism and humility of Sikh religion. Recently its surroundings have been renovated to give it a heritage look. You will go around Nector Pool (Sarovar) and visit Akal Thakat theTemporal Seat of Sikhism.
The holy book of Sikh Shri Guru Granth Sahib is placed in every morning and taken back to Akal TakthSahib in every evening. You may witness in the evening this ceremony called Palki Sahib Ceremony which is popular throughout the world.
Special Experience 4: A talk with Temple Manager about principles of Sikhism and gifting of special robe in the mark of respect.
Day 8: Amritsar – Delhi – Varanasi
After breakfast, transfer to Airport for flight to New Delhi for onwards connection to Varanasi. On arrival at Varanasi you will be given greet and meet assistance at airport and transfer to Hotel Taj NADESAR PALACE in the comfort of well-chosen transport.Hotel Taj NADESAR PALACE- is a 19th-century colonial palace and once a guest house for the officials of the East India Company. With just 10 rooms, Hotel has large room sizes, antique furniture and collections of art pieces. It has 4 hole minigolf course, lap pool and Spa also to add to your comfort.
Overnight at hotel.
Day 9: Varanasi
After Breakfast, you will be go for a private boat ride on the River Ganges and meet a local expert on the ghats who will lead you on a private walking tour in the old city. On this walk you will see the back alleys, old havelis, temples, labyrinth of streets, vendors and pilgrims that line the banks of the Ganges.
Experience 5: Sunset private cruise on holy river Ganges to witness the evening prayer ceremonies.
Day 10: Varanasi – Sarnath – Varanasi
After breakfast you will drive in your personal car to Sarnath,a small town 13 kms from Varanasi, where the Buddha, 2500 years ago, in a Deer Park, following his enlightenment, implemented “turn wheels doctrine” – and read his first sermon to his five followers and formulated the Four Noble Truths. This place is sacred to Buddhists as Varanasi is to Hindus. When Emperor Ashoka embraced Buddhism in the 3rd century. BC. e., under his patronage at this site a grand temple and monastery complex was built.
Overnight at hotel.
Day 11: Varanasi – Delhi
Morning relax in your hotel and after transfer to Airport to catch flight to New Delhi Transfer to Airport for your flight to Delhi where you will meet our representative and transfer to International airport for your onward flight.
Hotels Envisaged or similar
|DAY||CITY||Hotel / Room Category||10Nights|
|Day 01/03||Delhi||The Imperial – Imperial Room||02|
|Day 03/06||Rishikesh||Ananda in the Himalayas – Palace View room||03|
|Day 06/08||Amritsar||Hyatt – Hyatt Suite||02|
|Day 08/11||Varanasi||Taj Nadesar Palace – Palace room||03|
Tour Cost: per person in USD
|No. of Pax||15 Apr’17 till 30 Sep ’17||01 Oct’17 till 31 Mar’18(Except 20 Dec’17 – 05 Jan’18)|
|02 Paying Pax ( Twin Sharing basis)||US$ 4310 per person||US$ 5445 per person|
|Single room Supplement||US$ 2095 Per Single room Extra||US$ 3040 Per Single room Extra|
|Airfare Supplement (Delhi – Dehradun, Dehradun – Delhi,Delhi – Amritsar , Amritsar – Delhi , Delhi – Varanasi , Varanasi – Delhi ) – 06 Sectors||US$ 560 Per person|
1. Total 10 nights programme in based on Luxury hotels.
2. Accommodation on Bed & Breakfast
3. All transfers, tours and excursion as per itinerary using Toyota Innova / Toyota Camry
4. Services of an English Speaking local Guide for city excursions only.
5. Getaway package while staying in Ananda in the Himalayas. Inclusions of Getaway Packages are given below.
o Morning Wake Up signature tea and fresh fruit bowl provided every day.
o Daily Breakfast & Dinner served in The Restaurant
o Spa experiences as per the package selected along with a pre‐spa briefing
o Use of Hydrotherapy facilities: Steam, Sauna, Chill Plunge Pool, Kneipp Hydrotherapy Foot Bath and Heated Lap Pool.
o Scheduled Spa Lifestyle and Wellness activities: Yoga, Pranayama, Meditation, Vedanta, Fitness, Cooking demonstrations Lectures, Workshops and Excursions, weekly treks to Kunjapuri temple on mountain top
o Exclusive to Couples Connect package – One ‘Special Dinner’ with a bottle of house wine (Candlelit dinner with a customized menu ‐ at Tree Top Deck or other venue as per availability)
6. Entrance fees to sites and monuments mentioned in the Itinerary for one visit only.
7. Boat Ride at Varanasi.
8. Classical Dance Performance in Varanasi
9. Assistance on arrival at hotel for smooth Check-in
10. All taxes, tolls, parking fees and service tax.
Cost does not include:
• Any airfare (International or domestic).
• Passport and Visa fees for India.
• Lunch or other meals OR options not mentioned in the itinerary / cost inclusion.
• Any item of personal nature and Gratuities.
• Any insurance.
• Additional nights for participants, which is offered at additional cost to individual participants.
• Tips, porterage at hotels and Airport/Railway Station.
Special Value Add ons – Courtesy “Vilasa Luxury”:
• Bottled water available in vehicle during travel.
• Wet tissues available for clients in the vehicle after returning from city tours.
• Express check – in at all hotels.
• Special Farewell Dinner on the Last Day of the Tour with a Souvenir from Vilasa Luxury
• Taj Mahal is closed to public on Fridays. However, with the restoration of Mehtab Bagh, a 17th Century Mughal Garden, its location across the Yamuna River, provides breath taking view of the monument. It is possible to sit in this beautiful surrounds to have à uncluttered view of sunset or sunrise over the mausoleum.
• Elephant ride to visit Amber Fort in Jaipur is subject to availability as government has restricted the number of rides and prior reservation. Clients will have to queue themselves and wait to see if they can get a chance to have the elephant ride. There is no guarantee that even after queuing, they will get an elephant ride if the quota of rides is over. In this case, we shall provide Jeep ride to ascend the Amber Fort.